Symptoms of IBS
For many people, IBS is an incredibly uncomfortable and disruptive condition. IBS symptoms may include bloating, indigestion, acid reflux, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, and mucus in the stool.
Medical doctors tend to treat irritable bowel syndrome with drugs along with some diet advice. However, my clients with IBS report that their doctors say, There is no cure. IBS is something you will have to live with. Yet, not all doctors think alike. I absolutely agree with my friend Dr. David Comes who says, “We may not cure everything, but we can heal anything.”
How to Heal IBS
Below is a list of practical tools that may create a healing environment for IBS.
- Use Enzyme Energy with protein meals. Undigested food is a major cause of IBS. During times of constipation, use the Happy Gut Cleanse.
- Practice food combining. Certain foods do not digest well together. My best-selling books Dare to Dextoify! and It Takes Guts to be Happy! feature a food combining chart.
- Avoid raw foods, including salads. Cook, roast, steam, or broil your vegetables.
- Incorporate lymphatic drainage techniques, such as dry skin brushing. If possible, visit a professional lymphatic drainage therapist.
- Reduce stress through meditation, deep breathing, walking, exercise, yoga, and dance daily.
- Enjoy the healing relief of coffee enemas. The Happy Gut Pack & Flat Belly Pack offer my coffee enema home video.
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night. Sleep is healing.
What is SIBO?
The symptoms of SIBO are similar to IBS. However, both conditions are on the rise because low stomach acid is pervasive. When the stomach does not produce hydrochloric acid, food cannot assimilate properly. Consequently, bugs, bacteria, and parasites survive in the gut and create a cascade of events that may lead to diabetes, heart disease, and liver problems. Ample hydrochloric acid is key to healing and preventing SIBO—Enzyme Energy is my solution to low hydrochloric acid.
Like IBS, medical doctors offer drugs to relieve symptoms—usually a combination of antifungals and antibiotics. However, in my opinion, drugs do not target the source of the problem.
How to Heal SIBO
If diagnosed with SIBO or exhibit the symptoms above, follow the seven steps outlined for irritable bowel syndrome. Furthermore, I recommend you add one more supplement—grapefruit seed extract. Consume grapefruit seed extract according to the label’s directions. Always mix grapefruit seed extract with juice or water—do not drink grapefruit seed extract alone. This tincture is both a natural antibiotic and anti-fungal minus side effects. Plus, my clients have enjoyed incredible results.
You do not have to live with IBS or SIBO. You can heal a bloated belly, acid reflux, or indigestion. Furthermore, you have the power to make 2023 your healthiest, happiest year yet!
Author & Digestive Health Consultant,
Santa Barbara, California