Thank You, Librarians
Do you know that librarians:
- Host more people than the local movie theater
- Aid law enforcement with investigations
- Preserve music for future generations
- Track, record, and influence history
National Library Week Held Each April
In April, National Library Week celebrates librarians for their foundational role in the culture. Librarians often work silently behind the scenes, without recognition. Yet, how often are they publicly acclaimed? For example, when has a librarian been featured on the front page of your local newspaper?
When librarians are taken for granted a sense of déjà vu overwhelms me. Their lack of recognition is reminiscent of something else taken for granted—the gut! Similarly, when functioning well, people ignore the gut. However, after such consistent neglect, including overeating and underhydrating, the gut craves attention. Consequently, an abused gut will likely manifest in the body as bloat, fatigue, and mental exhaustion. This is especially true for those who work long hours inside without fresh air, sunlight, and exercise—all of which calm and heal the gut.
Healthy Gut for Librarians & Office Workers
This week’s blog offers gut health solutions for librarians and others who work long hours inside.
- Bring a 1/2 gallon water jug daily to work—and be sure you drink the entire bottle. Add Electrolyte Energy so your body readily absorbs the water to plump your skin and add sparkle to your eyes. In fact, I recommend you leave a bottle of Enzyme Energy at your desk or in your car. Digestive enzymes also reduce the afternoon slump and help digest food that lingers in your stomach like a rock.
- Eliminate blood sugar crashes and junk food binges by preparing a shaker bottle with a few servings of a protein powder, such as All Day Energy or Protein Power. Just add water for a quick lunch or nutritious snack. Protein is the antidote for cravings.
- Move as often as you can. For example, walk a quick lap around the office or go outside. A ten-minute walk around the block may brighten your day.
- Sitting at a desk for an extended time increases constipation. To improve regularity, try Happy Gut Cleanse. This natural herbal formula is not a laxative and improves motility without gas, bloating, or diarrhea. Happy Gut Cleanse is also safe to consume daily because the formula is free of habit-forming ingredients. This supplement is my most popular product.
- Turn back the clock, and reclaim your radiance through juice fasts, detox, and colon cleansing. The Coffee Enema Home Training Video will guide you step-by-step through the simple and effective process of colon cleansing. Do not be intimidated—this video makes coffee enemas easy.
- Find a joyful method to decompress after work. For example, take a few minutes to change your mindset, practice deep breathing, or even sing. I practice deep breathing in the car while I drive home.
Cherish Librarians & National Library Week
I am grateful for librarians. Thank you for all you do. I cherish the stories you read to children, the lost library cards you replace, and the thousands of treasured books you save. Take care of yourself and heal your gut. You are loved!
Author & Digestive Health Consultant,
Santa Barbara, California