Home Spa for Body Cleansing
Why would you want to do a cleanse in a home spa? Here’s why. Summer is upon us. How confident would you feel in a bathing suit right now?
Would you like to flatten your tummy?
Dump the cellulite from your thighs?
Turbo-charge your energy?
Consider a three-day veggie juice fast, right in the comfort and privacy of your own home spa. No need to spend a fortune on a fancy spa! I am going to help you create a body cleansing detoxi-vacation of your dreams. You will enjoy this cleansing so much that you’ll revisit it seasonally to shed some pounds, and optimize your health and happiness.
First, Clean the Cupboard
Before any cleansing begins, purge sugar, dairy products, junk food, candy, cookies and bread from your kitchen. It can be impossible to resist reaching for that one last vanilla wafer late at night, if the box is anywhere in sight. My latest book, It Takes Guts To Be Happy! A 21-Day Cleansing Plan To Heal Your Belly & Re-charge Your Life, can serve as an inspirational guide. These books offer many tips for successful juice fasting, lymphatic drainage, and colon cleansing. Invite a friend and enjoy the support of a Cleansing Buddy!
Here is a game plan for success on a body cleansing Detox Weekend:
- Do Not Get Hungry: Drink at least 2 quarts of green vegetable juice each day. No fruit juice. Fruit will spike your blood sugar and slow your metabolism. Make your own, or treat yourself to freshly made organic juice from a local juice bar or health food store.
- Blend A Protein Drink: If your energy lags, a protein shake made with non-dairy, sugar-free protein powder and almond or rice milk will perk you up without interfering with the cleansing process.
- Take Care of Your Lymph: dry skin brush at least twice a day, and gently bounce on a rebounder or trampoline. (Both my books have directions for dry skin brushing.)
- Clean Your Colon: Book a professional colonic or do an enema. Toxins that are released into the liver and the colon from the detoxification process need to be removed. Plus, colon cleansing will reduce or eliminate the headaches, body aches and brain fog that may occur during fasting.
- Splurge on a massage or lymphatic therapy session. To create that home spa feeling, have a traveling massage come to your house.
- Quiet the Mind: While fasting, one’s attention naturally turns inward. Give yourself time to read, journal, meditate, and dream.
- Heavenly Bathing: Create ambiance in your home spa. Light candles, turn on soft music and add Epsom salts to water as hot as you can stand. Soak and let it all go.
- Get Sleep: Most people do not get the 7-8 hours of sleep necessary to recharge the nervous system and the adrenals. Sleep is free, yet it is one of the most effective beauty treatments on the planet.
To break your fast, eat a yummy salad with avocado and lemon dressing, or enjoy a cup of hot vegetable soup. Over the next few days, add fresh organic protein, and digestible foods such as sweet potatoes and winter squash. How many days can you go without sugar, caffeine or dairy? Many of my clients let go of these foods completely after juice fasts. They do not want anything to spoil how great they feel!
Secure your spot in the June Happy Gut Makeover, to feel the support and fun of group body cleansing! You will be guided through a 21-Day Cleanse, including specific directions on how to integrate your new lifestyle and sustain it. Take your health and happiness to a whole new level with us this summer!